The Scorpion 2 by Snugpak ® is stalwart two-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi- permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas. A tried and tested favourite of Mountaineers, Climbers and Campers, the Scorpion 2 has an impressive floor space, creating ample room for two people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency the Scorpion 2 can accommodate six people sitting.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 2 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For expeditions and base camping, the Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, using an opposing pole system to form a spacious base- tent that keeps condensation build up to a minimum with multiple ventilation channels.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can be unpacked. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties. See the article, Understanding Hydrostatic Head; How Waterproof is My Tent? on the Snugpak Community Website.
- Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions
- Single-point Front Entry with ample porch
- Multiple Ventilation Channels
- Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet, Bathtub Style
- Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
- Three DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections
- Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares
- Ideal for 4-season, basecamp ventures & expedition use with the Softie® Osprey 15 Sleeping Bag
- Available in Olive Outer with Black Inner only
- Plaats voor: 2 personen
- Ingang(en): 1 ingang
- Waterproof: 4000mm
- Stokken: 3 stuks (Aluminium)
- Kleur: Olive / Zwart
- Gewicht: 2650 gram
- Afmeting verpakt: 43 x 19 cm